I am in San Jose this week, attending Netroots Nation with several of the other MOMocrats. This is my live blog of this morning’s general session on gun violence, six months after Newtown.
Moderator Jehmu Green cannot think of another conversation as important. This session focuses on how to address this problem and leave this conversation with a very clear understanding on how you can get involved.
Panel consists of:
- Lily Eskelsen Garcia, VP of the National Education Association
- Mark Glaze of Mayors Against Illegal Guns – in the fight since 2006
- Anna Galland, exec VPof MoveOn
- Rep. Robin Kelly of Illinois
- State Senator Darrell Steinberg of California
- Randi Weingarten of the American Federation of Teachers
The session focused on how to get engaged on this issue and what each organization and individual speaker is doing right now, six months after Newtown.