This Week’s Challenge: Tax-ing Commitments
That was about three weeks ago. I don’t know why it takes me so long either — especially since I work with an enrolled agent, who prepares the actual tax returns. I just know it does.
I finally submitted all my information last week and breathed a sigh of relief. The following day, I experienced a bout of unaccustomed efficiency: I wrote, I updated websites, I interacted with people. It’s like this huge taxing weight had been lifted and I was able to focus on doing meaningful work.
One day later, I was back to my usual, drifting, unfocused self. But last week, I showed myself that I CAN cross things off my to-do list. And this week, dawggoneit, I’m going to do it again:
1. At 11:00 (Pacific) today, I’ll be joining my friends from The Mission List in a Mayors Against Illegal Guns Twitter party, #DemandAction. Feel free to join in!
2. And by the end of the day, I will have written a post for a blog carnival at MomsRising.org. The subject: Sheryl Sandberg’s new book of advice to working women, “Lean In.” Stay tuned to this spot for that.
3. My sister and I have created a lifestyle blog, In Quest Of… and we have been holding weekly Google Happy Hour hangouts every Monday at 5:00 (Pacific). Add inquestof@gmailcom to your circles and join us!
4. Yesterday, I had the pleasure of attending a performance of Dream Girls, produced by L.A.’s, amazing DOMA Theatre group. A review is forthcoming.
5. And then there are my usual weekly projects over at MOMocrats: our podcast (which last month garnered almost as many listens as we had in November, at the height of the Presidential election).
6. There are a number of other commitments I have made over the last several months that I NEVER fulfilled. I want to make good on those.
Watch this spot.